Thank you for your interest in possible employment at Northwest Christian School. We realize that the key to a successful Christian school is its staff. We seek applicants who are professionally qualified, who really love children, and who, by the pattern of their lives, are Christian role models (Luke 6:40). Due to the fact that we are a Christian school, we require our employees to be born-again believers and actively involved in an evangelical, Bible-believing church.
All paid positions require a Fingerprint Clearance Card or a clean background check and state-level fingerprint clearance. Full Time Teaching applicants should possess 2-5 years teaching experience, a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and an Arizona Fingerprint card. Substitute Teacher applicants should possess the skills needed to effectively maintain and manage a classroom. Applicants should also have a valid Arizona Substitute Certificate and Arizona Fingerprint Card. Please note that we must have a complete application on file. Resumes alone are not considered an application with NCS. Early Education, Extended Care, and Mini-Crusaders positions also require proof of a negative Mantoux skin test for tuberculosis, a notarized criminal history affidavit, and four references.
Employment at Northwest Christian School is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age or disability. Northwest Christian School is a religious educational ministry. As such, we are permitted to hire to our mission and employ those individuals who are the best match for our position openings. All prospective and current employees must agree with Northwest Christian School's Mission Statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school's Statement of Faith and the school's declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity. Employment applications are found below. Once you fill out your application, save it to your computer and then attach it to an email to Kate Lewis. You may also drop off your application in person at Northwest Christian School at 16401 North 43rd Avenue, Phoenix, 85053. If you have any questions, please contact me either by email or by phone at (602) 978-5134 x506.
Sincerely, Kate Lewis, Human Resources Director
2021-2022 NCS Positions
To apply, please fill out the application referenced below, and submit to:
Kate Lewis via email, fax (602-978-5804) or regular mail (16401 North 43rd Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona, 85053)
Questions for any listed position may be directed to Kate Lewis.
FacultyAll faculty applicants must possess the following: a current Arizona teaching certificate (or the ability to obtain one within 2 years), a current Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) teaching certificate (preferred) or commitment to work towards ACSI teaching certification, obtaining certification within 2 years of initial employment (minimum), and teaching experience in the related field. Please complete the Teaching Application and submit the application as well as supporting documents to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
As NCS prepares for the 2021-2022 school year, we are accepting teaching applications for all areas; Early Education, Elementary, Middle School and High School. Current open positions for 2021-2022 are as follows:
- Elementary Teachers
- High School English Teacher
NCS Online SchoolPlease complete the application indicated within each position's description.
Educational SupportUnless otherwise noted, interested applicants should complete the Non-Teaching Application and submit the application as well as supporting documents to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax.
- Elementary Educational Assistants - The Elementary Educational Assistant will assist the classroom teacher in managing the classroom by providing supervision and instruction. This position will work both inside the classroom and outside on the campus. Requirements include an Arizona Fingerprint card, TB test and high school diploma.
- Preschool Educational Assistants - The Preschool Educational Assistant will assist the classroom teacher with the organization and supervision of the students both in the classroom and on the playground. Requirements include an Arizona Fingerprint card, TB test and high school diploma.
- Middle School Educational Assistant - This position will work during the school year and to support the teaching staff in the day to day activities of the middle school program. Some of the essential job duties include overseeing the middle school area for issues, maintaining the physical middle school facilities, as well as conducting rounds of the boys’ locker and restroom facilities to ensure appropriate student interaction. Requirements include an Arizona Fingerprint card or background check and a high school diploma.
- Substitute Teachers - Qualified Substitute Teachers should possess a current State of Arizona Substitute Certificate, an IVP fingerprint card and experience that would enable them to successfully manage a classroom. Substitute Teachers should fill out the Substitute Teacher Application and submit the application to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax.
- Substitute Preschool Aides - Our Preschool Aides assist both inside and outside the classroom during the school day. We are in need of individuals who are willing to be on-call in the event a regularly scheduled Teacher's Aide is unable to be at school. Requirements include an Arizona Fingerprint card, TB test and high school diploma. Interested applicants should fill out the Non-Teaching Application and submit the application to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax.